Today we got the 12.10 update of Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2. As Epic Games haven’t provided us with any patch notes for this update, we’ll have to rely on the community to find out what’s changed.
There were a fair amount of cosmetics found in today’s patch. You can expect to see these make their way into the item shop over the next few days.
Scoped Assualt Rifle Making a Return?
The Epic and Legendary variations of the scoped assault rifle were discovered in the game files, meaning they could make a return sometime in the near future.
Epic Variation Stats:
- Fire Rate: 3.5
- Bullet Spread: 0.15
- Recoil: 2.8
- Damage (Close, Mid and Long Range): 28
- Building Damage (Close, Mid and Long Range): 28
- Reload Time: 2.1 Seconds
- Equip Time: 1 Second
Legendary Variation Stats:
- Fire Rate: 3.5
- Bullet Spread: 0.15
- Recoil: 2.7
- Damage (Close, Mid and Long Range): 30
- Building Damage (Close, Mid and Long Range): 30
- Reload Time: 1.9 Seconds
- Equip Time: 1 Second
Llamas weren’t gone for long, only being removed from the game at the start of this season (12 days ago). But they have returned and can be found on the map again.
Proximity Mine Added
Proximity mines have been added to the Battle Royale gamemode. You can stack a maximum of 6, they do 50 damage to players and 200 to the environment.
Helicopter Vehicle Could be Coming Soon
Popular French Fortnite leaker Yanteh has found variables for a helicopter in the game files.
Possible stats for the helicopter:
- Spawn Rate: 0%
- Damage to Players: 50
- Build Damage: 150
- Explosion Damage to Players: 70
- Explosion Damage to Builds: 450
There were some strings added to the game files that point towards a spy-themed LTM being added.
- There was some LTM related strings that got added and they are most likely for a Spy-Themed LTM, here they are:
- Choose Ghost or Shadow to secretly support while playing Operation matches this season!
- Gather Intel to unlock new levels of Spy Tech to use during Operation matches!
- Play Operation matches to earn Intel for your current allegeiance.
- Used a disguise to switch sides during an Infiltration LTM.
- PLAY OPERATION MATCHES TO EARN INTEL AND UNLOCK NEW SPY TECH
- YOUR SPY TECH CAN BE USED IN OPERATIONS MATCHES AND CAN SPAWN IN SPY MODES
- And here are the Achievements for this Spy-Themed LTM:
- Double Agent: Used a disguise to switch sides during an Infiltration LTM
- Mastermind: Won the Infiltration LTM 10 times during Season 2
It also looks like Getaway will be making a return in the coming days too.
There have been some new files added to the game relating to Creative. It seems that soon we will be getting an update that will allow up to 50 players on the same creative map as opposed to the current 16. The files are as follows;
New Foraged Item
Currently in the game we can collect Apples and Mushrooms to replenish health & shield. In Season 8 we also got bananas and coconuts as part of the pirate-themed season. Soon, we will be getting a Honeycomb item which will be found in Weeping Woods. These files got added into the game;
No Grinding For You!
After receiving backlash regarding people getting addicted to Fortnite and playing for unhealthy amounts of time, it seems Epic is finally deterring players from those extra long grind sessions. After 3-5 hours, the amount of XP you gain will be halved and then 0, and you will no longer be able to progress your challenges. The warning texts that will display are as follows;
- You have entered fatigue gaming period. The in-game gainings will be lowered by 50% from now on and challenge progress has been disabled. For your own health, please log-off and get some rest. Appropriate physical exercise is good for your body and please arrange your time wisely
- You have been online for 3 hours accumulatively. The in-game gainings will be lowered by 50% from now on and challenge progress has been disabled. For your own health, please log-off and get some rest. Appropriate physical exercise is good for your body
- You have entered unhealthy gaming period. For your own health, please log-off and get some rest immediately. If you do not log off, your health will be harmed. Your in-game gainings is already lowered to zero and challenge progress has been disabled.
- Opps, you are currently beyond your time limit to play due to the anti-addiction requirements for minor accounts.
Whether this will apply to all accounts or just those registered as a minor remains to be seen. But I guess it wouldn’t be a bad thing to take a walk every now and then, or just play a different game.
Save The World
There have been some pretty big changes in Save The World. You can now use your Battle Royale cosmetics in Save The World. You can find more details below from the STW patch notes;
COSMETICS – OUTFITS AND BACK BLINGS!
Dress to impress with Outfits and Back Blings, now available in your Homebase Locker! Additionally, the Homebase Locker now saves independently from BR, and any changes you make in one mode will not affect the other.
“Sometimes efficiency isn’t everything. Sometimes it’s all about the style” -Director Riggs
HOW DO OUTFITS AND BACK BLINGS WORK?
You can now select any Outfit and Back Bling you own in BR in the Save the World Locker and that look will apply to your Hero, regardless of which Hero you have as your commander.
WANT TO USE THE LOWER RARITY OUTFIT? YOU GOT IT!
You are no longer limited to the appearance of your Hero based on their current rarity. You can choose any style you’ve already unlocked. So if you have a Tier 5 Legendary Hero, such as Rescue Trooper Ramirez, you’ll be able to choose any of her lower rarity and tier in your Locker.
LOVE THE WAY YOUR ORIGINAL COMMANDER LOOKS? NO PROBLEM!
Your Commander’s default appearance for both Hero / Back Blings are available and always listed first in your Locker choices. Your default appearance will change when you swap loadouts as you can’t make one Hero look like another.
WHAT ABOUT REACTIVE COSMETICS??
Homebase is still working on support for reactive cosmetics. There are some reactives that have no parallel in StW and simply won’t react, such as Stratus and his Backtracker Back Bling. However, we still intend to create parallel functionality where we can.
What do you think of the Fortnite 12.10 update? Let us know in the comments.