Teamfight Tactics: Set 3 is now live on Riot’s public beta server. Here’s a guide to everything you can expect in Set 3. Last year, Rise of the Elements gave us a taste of what we can expect for future sets in TFT, so let’s take a look.
What is Teamfight Tactics?
Teamfight Tactics is a League of Legends spinoff which was inspired by auto chess. An auto chess game is a kind of strategic board game and was created in early 2019 by a Chinese developer. This new genre quickly became popular by early summer, with developers such as Riot Games hopping on the bandwagon to create their own versions. Teamfight Tactics has since hit 33 monthly players worldwide as of September 2019. Riot Games have announced that TFT will be coming to mobile later this year with pre-registration for a chance to get early access available on the app store.
What’s New In Teamfight Tactics Set 3
Much like what we saw in Set 2 with different hexes (such as inferno and ocean) we will see much more of those in Teamfight Tactics Set 3. One has already been revealed, Neekoverse Galaxy. Everyone starts with two Neeko’s Help items. With the release of Teamfight Tactics Set 3, we will see 10 new origins, 13 new classes and changes to many items.
- Celestial – All allies heal based on damage Celestial units deal.
- Chrono – All allies gain attack speed every 4 seconds.
- Cybernetic – Cybernetics with an item gain bonus attack damage and health.
- Dark Star – When a Dark Star dies, it gives increased damage and previous stacks of this effect to the nearest ally Dark Star.
- Mech-Pilot – At the start of combat, three random Mech-Pilots are merged into a Super-Mech until it dies.
- Rebel – At the start of combat, Rebels gain a health shield for 8 seconds and increased damage for each adjacent Rebel.
- Space Pirate – 50% chance to drop gold or items whenever a Space Pirate lands a killing blow.
- Star Guardian – Whenever a Star Guardian casts, all other Star Guardians gain Mana.
- Valkyrie– Valkyrie attacks and spells always critical hits targets below 50% health.
- Void – Voids deal true damage.
- Blademaster – Have a chance on hit to attack 2 extra times.
- Blaster – Every fourth Blaster attack fires additional attacks which deal double damage.
- Brawler – Gain bonus health.
- Demolitionist – Spells stun targets they hit for 2.5 seconds.
- Infiltrator – Jump to the back of enemy territory at the beginning of combat, Infiltrators gain 50% attack speed for first 6 seconds of combat.
- Mana-Reaver – First attack (2) all attacks (4) increase the cost of their targets next spell cast by 40%
- Mercenary – Can be paid gold to upgrade their ability.
- Mystic – Grants the team bonus magic resist.
- Protector – Gain a shield scaling off max health for 3 seconds whenever they cast.
- Sorcerer – All allies gain increased spell power.
- Sniper – Deal 10% increased damage for each hex of distance for each hex of distance between themselves and their target.
- Starship – Continuously circle the arena and cannot basic attack.
- Vanguard – Gain bonus armour.
New items have also been added to Teamfight Tactics Set 3 which Riot thought didn’t fit this Set.
- Chalice of Favor – Tear of the Goddess + Negatron Cloak to create a Chalice of Favor, which grants nearby allies 10 mana whenever the equipped unit casts a spell.
- Shroud of Stillness – Brawler’s Glove + Chain Mail to craft a Shroud of Stillness, which shoots a beam forward that causes all enemies hit to have their max mana increased by 40 percent until they cast once.
- Zz’Rot Portal – Recurve Bow + Giant’s Belt to make Zz’Rot Portal, which summons a Voidling with 1000/2000/4000 HP that taunts all nearby enemies upon the equipped unit’s death.
Let us know your thoughts on Teamfight Tactics: Set 3. Be sure to check out more of the latest news and guides on Gamezo, the new and upcoming gaming site. Follow us on Twitter to stay up to date with all the latest articles.